Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Indo Needs Ya

The sixth group of educators in my TGC cohort begin their international travels today...this is my group to Indonesia!!!  A special blessing for an amazing adventure is expressed for the other ten teachers from California, Colorado, Oklahoma, and Utah, who I am joining in this adventure.  Our trip will include about 4 days in Jakarta, the capital city, for orientation. Then we will be divided into pairs to travel as smaller teams to various communities around Indonesia, being hosted by a local teacher and his/her school. Myself and Daniel Jocz, an AP US History teacher from Los Angeles, will be hosted by Betty Rahmawati and Krida Nusantara High School in Bandung.  Our whole group will then reconnect in Jakarta for another couple of days together before returning back to the United States.



This pattern of travel was used by the five previous international teams. Travel dates for all six TGC teams within the 2011-2012 cohort include:

Ghana: March 3 to 18, 2012
Morocco: March 17 to 31, 2012
Ukraine: April 14 to 28, 2012
Brazil: June 9 to 23, 2012
India: June 30 to July 14, 2012
Indonesia: July 17 to 31, 2012

If you are interested in roaming the remote roads, in a virtual sense, along with myself and the others from my Indonesia cohort or to read through the journeys that have already been made the other educators, I've linked many of their travel blogs here to my blog site. It's exciting to see this whole process unfolding and knowing that my long awaited trip is now underway!  I truly hope that you will roam these remote roads with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment