Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Then Shall Live

Tonight I attended a concert by the Gaither Vocal Band at my church.  One of the songs, while religious in nature, had a verse which I believe speaks to what can happen in our lives when we truly allow ourselves to be open to roaming the remote roads of life and have engaging encounters with the diverse people which we meet.  So with that, here is one of the verses to the song "I Then Shall Live":

I then shall live as one whose learned compasion.
I've been so loved, that I'll risk loving too.
I know how fear builds walls instead of bridges;
I'll dare to see another's point of view.
And when relationships demand committment
Then I'll be there to care and follow through.

Just try to image a world in which we are open-minded enough that we allow our interactions with other peoples, including those from backgrounds and homelands significantly different than our own, to have this caliber of an encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment