Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Checking-In and Checking-Out

After landing yesterday at the Inchon International Airport we boarded a bus for the hour long ride into central Seoul.  We are staying at the Best Western Premier Seoul Garden Hotel.  Check-in went very rapidly as the hotel has experienced large groups before.  I just gave them my name and they gave me my key to my 14th room with a view.

About 30 minutes later we met in the lobby for a brief orientation and then divided up to explore our neighborhood of Seoul and to find something to eat.  Having been to Seoul before I was not surprised to see the American icons of McDonalds, Star Bucks, and 7-Eleven around but I was a bit caught off guard to see Popeyes Lousiana Kitchen.  We didn't eat there but check out these pics.




My group did settle on a Korean restaurant. In addition to soju, we enjoyed pajun (like a stuffed pancake). Our waiter helped us to select two different pajun styles: one with beef and kimchi and the other with seafood (shrimp and squid).  Each was accompanied by a side of kimchi and onions in a dipping sauce.  It was absolutely wonderful.




Today we set out for a walking tour near our hotel.  I just love some remote road roaming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment